John Kim's blog had a post
about GNS and his interest or lack thereof these days. I have, as you know, been somewhat absent from this whole little mad field, myself, and I found myself thinking, "So what do I think about it these days?"
As I turn that over in my head, possibly profitably but possibly not, I have some questions for you. Please insert "and the Big Model" after GNS if that is helpful to you; I don't really care.
1. Do you find GNS useful in your current play?
2. Did you find it so in the past?
3. If you design games, do you think about this while you design (including general mulling over)?
4. Did you do so in the past?
5. Do you think that GNS should change and develop significantly?
6. Practically speaking, do you think it will change noticeably in the next year or so?
7. When you see someone make a GNS-based remark somewhere on the web, do you react with interest, annoyance, or what?
8. What is your overall assessment of what GNS has achieved in the past?
9. What is your assessment of its future?
You don't have to answer all that, obviously, but I am genuinely interested to know, as I see very, very different things about this.
Oh, one more thing: is it worth creating a poll like this? I've never done one.